Medicare Supplement Plan C provides more security in coverage if you are willing to pay extra each month. This plan offers more than the basic healthcare services, but coverage must still fall within Medicare-approved charges.
Medigap offers 10 standardized plans available in most states, each covering different out-of-pocket expenses. Other states, such as Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, have their own standardized plans.
Medigap Plan C Services
This plan offers the following coverage:
- Hospitalization – Plan B covers Part A coinsurance and 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end.
- Medical Expenses – It also pays for Part B coinsurance or 20% of Medicare-approved expenses. The plan could also cover copayments for outpatient hospital services.
- Blood Supply – The first three pints of blood are covered each year.
- Hospice Care – The plan pays for Part A coinsurance.
Additionally, Medicare supplement plan c covers the following services:
- Travel emergency coverage (80% of approved costs up to plan limits)
- Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
Plan C does not pay for Medicare Part B excess expenses, which are the additional charges beyond the Medicare-approved amount to pay. Doctors may legally bill beyond the approved amount, and the patients will cover these extra costs.
Depending on the plan that you choose, you may have to pay for deductibles and other payables before you receive the benefits. Get in touch with us and we will provide you with the detailed coverage and costs.