Unlike the other supplemental plans, Medicare Supplement Plan F holders may have no out-of-pocket expenses for hospital services and visits to the doctor’s office. You get the most comprehensive coverage through this plan.
Medigap offers 10 standardized plans available in most states, each covering different out-of-pocket expenses. Other states, such as Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, have their own standardized plans.
Medigap Plan F Services
This plan offers the following coverage:
- Hospitalization – Plan B covers Part A coinsurance and 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end.
- Medical Expenses – It also pays for Part B coinsurance or 20% of Medicare-approved expenses. The plan could also cover copayments for outpatient hospital services.
- Blood Supply – The first three pints of blood are covered each year.
- Hospice Care – The plan pays for Part A coinsurance.
Additionally, Medicare Supplement Plan F covers the following services:
- Travel emergency coverage (80% of approved costs up to plan limits)
- Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Medicare Part B excess charges (The amount a doctor may legally charge on top of Medicare’s limiting amount)
While this type of plan offers the most coverage out of all the ten plans, it does not guarantee that there will be no out-of-pocket expenses at all. You still need to pay your Medicare Part B premiums each month. If you have not worked enough quarters to qualify for premium-free Medicare Part A, then you will have to cover those costs as well.
Depending on the plan that you choose, you may have to pay for deductibles and other payables before you receive the benefits. Get in touch with us and we will provide you with the detailed coverage and costs.