Medicare Supplement Plan G offers additional coverage on top of Medicare Parts A and B, and is almost identical to Plan F. Unlike Plan F, coverage for the Medicare Part B deductible isn’t included in Plan G.
Medigap offers 10 standardized plans available in most states, each covering different out-of-pocket expenses. Other states, such as Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, have their own standardized plans.
Medigap Plan G Services
This plan offers the following coverage:
- Hospitalization – Plan G covers Part A coinsurance and 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end.
- Medical Expenses – It also pays for Part B coinsurance or 20% of Medicare-approved expenses. The plan could also cover copayments for outpatient hospital services.
- Blood Supply – The first three pints of blood are covered each year.
- Hospice Care – The plan pays for Part A coinsurance.
Additional Medicare Supplement Plan G Coverage:
- Access to skilled nursing facility care
- Foreign travel emergency care (80% of approved costs up to plan limits)
- Part A hospitalization deductibles
- 100% Part B excess charges
Depending on the plan that you choose, you may have to pay for deductibles and other payables before you receive the benefits. Get in touch with us and we will provide you with the detailed coverage and costs.